The Zimbabwe programme aims to foster democratic dialogue between the three parties in the new unity government and Zimbabwean civil society.
Contact person for this programme is: Egbert Pos.
• Zimbabwe African National Union – Patriotic Front (PF)
• Movement for Democratic Change – Tsvangirai (MDC)
• Movement for Democratic Change – Mutambara (MDC)
• Supported by NIMD, the work of the Zimbabwe Institute (ZI) focusses on advocacy for the return of a stable democracy and a peaceful transition in Zimbabwe. ZI has facilitated both the negotiations in the SADC dialogue process and the tripartite discussions on the implementation of the Global Political Agreement (GPA). It has also helped the political parties prepare a constitutional outreach programme through country exchanges, induction training and the setting up of a joint secretariat.
• Zimbabwe Institute (ZI)
• Institute for Democracy in South Africa (IDASA)